Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Making the Honest switch

Over the past few years I have noticed myself caring more and more about the products I use on myself and in my home. If my husband got his way, we would spend a pretty penny on buying everything from food to toilet paper to cleaning products organic but it just isn't what is best for us right now so we pick and choose. One thing that is important to us is using all natural, organic, chemical free products when we clean our home. I remember right after we got Ernie and I'd watch him roll along the floor and lick up crumbs from under the table, I thought about what I use to clean my floors was being ingested by his little body. I also think of that when I set food/items on our counters in the kitchen and in our bathroom. Being pregnant has also opened my eyes to how harmful some cleaning supplies can be!

If you are a fan of Jessica Alba or have seen her on any talkshow, you'd know that she is involved in The Honest Company. 

The Honest Company was founded  by a mom and a dad who, like many modern parents, were increasingly worried about products made with questionable chemical ingredients. But the alternatives they found were often expensive, inaccessible, bland, or ineffective. In response to this clear need for something better, they created The Honest Company to ensure that parents (or anyone for that matter!) could easily find natural and non-toxic eco-friendly products that are beautiful, effective, and affordable.

I was excited to learn they would be sending me products to help convert my home into an Honest home. At first I was nervous to make the switch because I know the brands I used in the past are great for germ fighting but knowing that my home will be cleaned eco-friendly, non-toxic, green products before and after we bring my son home makes the switch an easy choice!

I went with the handsoap, bathroom cleaner, multi surface cleaner, baby wipes, and dish brush.

I am tempted to put little scrubbers on Ernie's paws so he can help me clean!

Ernie thinks everything is his, even cleaning supplies. I am so glad Honest products aren't full of pesticides and harmful chemicals 
(don't worry, I would never let him ingest it!)


As a first time mama to be, I love that The Honest Company is philanthropic. With each purchase made, they donate time and money to Baby2Baby.org, a non profit organization that supplies families in need in LA with baby products, diapers, food, etc.

The Honest Company has made it easy for you to try out their products for free! Click the links below for diaper trials and cleaning trials. I can't wait to try out their diapers when my little man arrives!

Diaper trial
Cleaning products trial
Email newsletter signup

The Honest Company is also offering $10 off a $40 purchase using code Pollinate$10off$40
(Limited to first-time customers and one use per customer. Expires May 1, 2013.)

Find The Honest Company on...
Twitter.Facebook.Blog.Instagram

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and The Honest Company  but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #NaturallyHonest  http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.”

 photo Signature_zps45ff6a7d.png

No comments: