Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time for nesting!

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Home Depot & Rubbermaid, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #AllAccessOrganizers  http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.”

We all know that nesting and pregnancy go hand in hand. Urban Dictionary defines nesting as a ritual performed by pregnant women in ridding the house, "the nest", from anything potentially harmful to the soon to be born child. Digging through closets and taking trash bags full of clutter to Goodwill, papering the cabinets and drawers in your kitchen, color coding your closet are just a few of the common ways women nest. I have to admit I've always been a little OCD when it comes to organization and I got to the point where I had nothing to nest! Closets were clean and no junk drawers existed in our house but with the birth of our little guy right around the corner, I can always find something to work on for him.

Like this pile of clothes...

Baby Hart's closet and drawers are fully stocked with adorable onesies, sleepers, and outfits, washed, folded and ready to be worn, but the stacks above had me stuck. I've been thinking into the future and buying clothes for future seasons so we aren't SOL when he grows out of clothing quickly. Truth be told, I even have some 2T and 3T pieces that I've either found super cheap at thrift stores or has been handed down. No wonder they say kids are so expensive, you can spend tons on clothing! I've bought jeans and winter gear for ridiculous prices during the summer and really had no clue how to store his future wardrobe.

Enter Rubbermaid All Access Organizers...

I've always been a huge fan of Rubbermaid storage containers to store Christmas decorations, craft supplies, and even old photos/yearbooks/etc. But how perfect are these front and side opening stackable containers? They open from the front when stacked making it easy to quickly check my inventory. This will come in handy as he gets older and I continue to stock up on clothes and need to check what I already have vs. what I need to buy. These stackable containers would be perfect for playrooms to house toys for eager kids to see and quickly access what they are looking for. I purchased the larger sized containers from Home Depot but the smaller ones would be ideal for laundry room supplies, craft organization, or even using to pack snacks on a roadtrip. 


Despite the bins being rather large, I filled them up pretty quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to purchase more (baby clothes are irresistible!). I divided the clothes I had into 6-18months and 18-24months+ so I can quickly fold and stick new clothes in the correct bin. I told you I love organization!


As he gets bigger and we start to rotate in bigger sized clothing, these Rubbermaid All Access Organizers will be perfect for storing his newborn and infant clothing and gear that he grows out of. 


Head over to Home Depot to pickup your Rubbermaid All Access Containers and get to nesting! Pregnancy not required :)
Home Depot on Facebook
Rubbermaid on Facebook

 photo Signature_zps45ff6a7d.png

2 comments:

Carrie R said...

I so wish that I had had these when I was collecting and organizing clothes for my baby girl (she is now almost 18 months old). I used cardboard boxes and labeled them with a Sharpie. Not very pretty, lol! ;) This is a great way to use these Rubbermaid containers!

Anonymous said...

ok..........