Saturday, May 17, 2014

Whaley's Big Adventure

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. 

One of the many things I love about Jon is his love for animals. His dad loved marine life and instilled a love for water animals and fish into Jon at a young age. Jon's mom owned a dog grooming and training business and he helped out from the time he was 5! We try to visit a zoo or aquarium on every vacation we go on and the most recent excursion was a whale watching tour in Cabo in February. It was incredible! We chased pods of whales and watched babies and mamas breech, play, and put on a show. 

One of the other things I love about my husband is how much he loves hanging out with Ford. We've been trying to establish a bedtime routine that includes Jon so when he isn't traveling, he and Ford head upstairs for daddy/son book time. This gives me a chance to relax before I put Ford to bed but mostly, it gives the boys a chance to read, snuggle, and learn together.

I don't think I've bought one book for Ford! Between my mom giving me my old books from growing up and gifts, he has a mini library!

What better way to combine two of Jon's favorite things
(animals and his son) than to teach Ford about animals! We were given the book, Whaley's Big Adventure, and it has become a favorite of both Jon and Ford's! It is an adorable book written by 5 year old Alexander Luke (and presented by his grandmother) that teaches kids about all the whales in the ocean.  Whaley is a Blue Whale who goes swimming through the ocean and meets and learns about other whales (Beluga, Whale Shark, Gray Whale).





Jon and I are both looking forward to the day where we can take Ford to the aquarium or even take him on a whale watching tour. We hope he is in awe of this beautiful creatures like his mommy and daddy! Oh and Ford's nursery is also whale themed!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, did you know Austin Moms Blog is hosting a play date at the Austin Aquarium May 27 for only $5?! You and Ford should go see the fish together!